Players control Bathoryn, a hero in a Gothic world, seeking to liberate seven great towers from 7 deadly overlords.
Bathoryn must battle his way through a doomed land packed with gruesome pixel art foes before ascending (or sometimes descending) each tower, defeating puzzles, traps and monsters alike. At the heart of each tower, he must confront a mighty overlord. Defeat it and Bathoryn’s quest continues. Fail, and you’ll die gruesomely – mauled by werewolves, disintegrated by floating monstrosities, squashed by great weights or torn apart by hidden blades. And you will fail…
There are 3 key areas to be mastered in order to beat Slain! The order of Slain! goes as follows...
- Learn to wield 3 deadly elemental weapons, each one exploiting weaknesses in different enemy types. Each weapon has a different combo, timing and 'ideal' use. Mastering quick switching between weapons is the key to success!
- Learn placement and timings of enemies and traps
- Generate, conserve and use your mana wisely
Accompanied by the heavy metal visuals is an even heavier metal soundtrack recorded by Curt Victor Bryant (formally of Celtic Frost).
- Unique puzzle-combat with non linear progression.
- 15+(?) hours of bone-crushing, metal fueled mayhem & gore.
- Choose from 3 unique weapons in your fight against the demon horde.
- Full soundtrack recorded by Curt Victor Bryant formally of Celtic Frost . \m/
- Secrets (shhh).
- Boss fights, mini-boss fights, sub-mini-boss fights, macro-sub-mini-boss fights!
- No leveling, no grinding, no crafting!