You awaken stranded on a hostile alien world, after your journey to colonize the planet takes a catastrophic turn. Armed with only your fists and your wits, you must ensure the survival of the human race. Harvest local resources to get started, and hunt wildlife with crafted weapons to provide food and protection from the elements. As you survive you will gain knowledge and access to important skills to aid in your survival. Unlock advanced technologies to build giant structures, build advanced weaponry and defenses, tame the wildlife, and use it to support your allies or crush your enemies.
Fragmented is available in multiple rulesets allowing for PvP focused content, or working together with other players to survive against the environment. Play online or in single player mode. Players will have the option to host their own servers as well and tweak many of the settings to provide an easier experience or a much more harsh experience including hardcore options.
Surviving in the world of Fragmented has its advantages. As you gain more experience you will be able to unlock higher level skills opening up different play styles and survival options. You can focus on combat related skills to take the fight to the wildlife or your enemies or you can focus on skills that will improve your base and your storage capabilities. Fragmented offers the following skills.
- Construction allows you to create buildings, props, storage containers, and various types of crafting stations.
- Electronics includes the creation of Electronic Devices, Turrets, Medical Scanners, or Robotics.
- Melee provides bonuses in melee combat, as well as the creation of melee weapons and tools.
- Ranged provides bonuses in ranged combat, and allows creation of ranged weapons and grenades.
- Refining is used to refine raw materials, unlocks harvestables, and creates tools.
- Subsistence reduces the effects of hunger and thirst, and allows the creation of foods, drinks or medical compounds. It will also include genetic engineering on the high end.
- Survival increases your health and allows the creation of traps, torches, and campfires.
- Textiles is used to create armor, clothing, and backpacks.
A tool for every job, or so they say. There are many different types of harvestable resources in the world, including dead creatures. Primitive tools will get you the basics, but you will need to build better tools for better results and to gain access to rare materials. Creatures also increase in difficulty as you venture out, including boss encounters and other surprises.