A World to Build… or Destroy.
“A war is coming… a war between East and West - between Kingdoms and Empires, between man and Fallen. A future of blood and death, of chaos and destruction.” – the Oracle Ceresa
Design your sovereign with unique talents and weapons for the trials ahead. Learn powerful spells to enchant units, summon elementals, or destroy those who oppose you. Found cities and research technologies to expand your influence. Send your champions on quests to recover ancient artifacts, gain allies, or obtain the great wealth lost during the Cataclysm.
The land is not simply waiting to be claimed; it must be conquered. Darkling camps, ogre lairs and caves waiting to be explored dot the landscape. In remote corners of the world, tireless butchermen, fell demons and legendary locations are waiting to be found. Explore Varda, a pre-Cataclysm city defended by golems that have turned on the citizens and made the city into a prison. Defeat Sarog to claim the Temple of the Dragon and recruit Ashwake Dragons to your cause. Claim the Flooded Graveyard or the Pit of Sarpah to harness the powerful magical energy of those locations.
- Recruit Champions - Equip them with rare magical items that you create or discover. Customize your champion’s special abilities and traits as they gain levels.
- Fight in tactical battles - Battle enemy armies or the wild creatures of the world. Command your armies directly and choose between the special attacks and spells your units have learned.
- Design your units - Customize their armor and weapons. Equip units with mounts to quickly close on enemy units. Train them with specialized traits like Discipline and Ignore Pain.
- Liberate or Enslave - Transform Elemental into a noble kingdom, or an empire where citizens are fuel for your spells. Build studies and workshops to make your citizens more productive, or gallows and sacrificial altars to keep your citizens motivated.
- Explore Wildland Areas - Be cautious when entering these areas; they offer their own rewards and treasures, but you will need high-level champions, advanced armies and powerful spells to survive.
- Build your own world - Use the included modding tools to create new improvements, locations, quests or factions. Design new spells in the Particle Cauldron and entire worlds with the Cartographer’s Table.