8BitMMO is a retro-style 2D massively multiplayer game! It's a giant construction sandbox -- you can build a home or a castle in a persistent streaming world. Found and manage your own city. Fight evil LawyerCats and engage in Player vs Player battle.
100% Player Built World
- The entire world is built by players. Build your own house, town, voxelart, or dungeon. The world is massive -- there's plenty of space to build in, and it streams in as you explore (no load screens).
Be the Mayor
- Start your own town and invite your friends. You'll have an array of management tools for overseeing your town.
- The entire game only has one full-time developer, and development is still ongoing. You can submit and vote on ideas -- many of the top voted ideas have been implemented into the game. Free updates with new content and features are frequently released.
- Several systems protect players from griefing.
Free To Play
- No purchase necessary to have fun. Support the developer and buy a fancy hat... or don't. (Premium items give NO competitive advantage)
Customize your Character
- Wear hats, clothing, accessories, change your skin color
Become a Zombie
- Want to be a zombie? You can! But you'll need a steady supply of delicious brains from other players. Don't worry, after you eat their brain, they'll be zombies too!
Fight Nefarious Enemies
- Congressional Lobbyist Slugs, LawyerCats, and Hipsters oh my.
- The world is huge, so the MegaMap interface (based on Google Maps API) is a handy way to browse the world and share your creations with friends.
- Enjoy chiptune from legendary artists Danimal Cannon, Zef, PROTODOME, and Honin Myo Audio.
Introducing the Steam Founder's Packs
Please consider supporting development by optionally purchasing a Steam Founder's Pack. You will receive a variety of benefits:
After you have purchased a Steam Founder's pack, please restart the game launcher for the game to detect the purchase.